One of the most acquiescent states of the Soviet bloc until the “quiet revolution” of 1989. However the transformation to a democratic state has been prolonged and painful. Political institutions are still in a state of flux and the country has severe economic problems.
Population: 7 million.
Main religion: Bulgarian Orthodox.
Link man Martin Bright
CBM activities Initial contact was through Esperanto. The large response to advertising in 1990 led to the formation of an ecclesia in Sofia. More recently advertising and public preaching has not been possible, although a few e-mail contacts have been made and the ecclesia has grown through personal contact. There are regular pastoral visits and an annual Bible School.
Ecclesias Sofia (22 members in total)
- CBM 19-lesson course
- Hope for a Hopeless World
- Israel: God’s People, God’s Land
- One Bible—Many Churches
- Who are the Christadelphians?
- The Nuclear Age—Will Man Survive?
- The Sabbath: Do we have to observe it?
- The True Gospel
- Roots of True Christianity
- If a man die, shall he live again?
- Christ is Coming!
- Moral Standards
- Bible Guide Folder